Saturday 31 December 2011

Out with the Old...

     As another new year is upon us, I am excited at it's new and exciting possibilities. Don't get me wrong 2011 wasn't horribly horrible. It wasn't even half bad...but I am looking forward to a fresh canvas, if you will.
     There are many great things happening for us in the new year. I am heading back to school. This in of itself brings many emotions. I am very excited. I have waited a long time to do this. I am even so little worried that it will bring too much to our house. That perhaps I won't be able to manage everything. I am looking forward to what this initial step will mean in the end. I'm overjoyed at the big picture.
     James is moving right along at work. Not only did he get a promotion but he is being presented an award in February as well.
     The kids are forever moving forward. Morgan will turn 11 and start middle school in September. A huge transition for any child. One that I am sure she will totally ROCK. Tristan will turn 10 and start grade 5. I am sure he will tackle the challenge of that, just as he did grade 4. Chasey will be 8 this year. I can't believe that my youngest is so quickly approaching double digits. I am sad. But happy too that they are growing into such wonderful, caring little people.
     I have many wishes and hopes for the new year.
1. I wish all my friends and family the best health and great happiness.
2. I wish my children productive days at school, filled with confidence and self evolvement.
3. I wish my husband continued good fortune at work.
4. I wish my friends good fortune.
5. I hope for myself, a year filled with self improvement and achievement.
     My last wish and hope is huge. I wish for advancements in diabetes care and management. I even silently and with held breath wish for a cure. Until that happens I wish for Chasey to continue in good health. I wish for a diabetes complication free year. I am thankful for her amazing team that helps to care for her. And I am grateful for all the people that support me daily on this never ending and sometimes gruelling journey. My wish for 2012 is that we can ban together and make a difference. My wish is for Chasey to one day never have to poke again, or do a site change again. But for now all that I ask is for her to be safe and continue to grow despite this obstacle. That is my wish for all type ones.
     So as this year draws to a close. I will be surrounded by family and friends. I am grateful. I am content. I will look towards the new year with hope, excitement and anticipation...with a small sadness of what was this year. Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment