Sunday 24 July 2011

Let the Good Times Roll

     We survived. It was trying, it was fun, it rained, the sun shone, the bugs ate us alive and we sang. In a nutshell, we went camping. Not just for a weekend, oh no, not us. We went for the week. Mind you tent camping is long in the past, we borrowed my father in laws RV for this venture. Also mind you that we went less then an hour from home but the point is we went.
     The campground that we went to ran activities daily for the kids, and we took full advantage of them. They did everything from hula hoop to play board games to water activities. We rented novelty bikes, and lets not forget the fighting we did over that about who's turn was next. We walked into town and window shopped and visited a historical fort. The kids went swimming rain or shine and ate ice cream. All in all it was nice.
     Other news on the camping home front. The oldest went to away camp for a week. I was nervous and feared the worst but she totally rocked it. She admitted that the first night was rough and the second was better and by the third I think she had forgot all about us here. I was lucky enough to pick up her and two of her friends from the boat so I got a full account of the week's events. Sadly she didn't take any pictures, even though I reminded her in my emails (yes I emailed, twice alright. I know I know, my husband already made fun of me for it). But I am super proud of her to say the least. She is already yabbing on and on about next year.
     Lastly, the most exciting part of our recent good times. The youngest turned 7 yesterday. She's no longer a baby, you can tell the change that she is going through this summer. She is getting taller and slimming down. Her face no longer has baby fat, and she's growing her hair out. She's not so little anymore. And for this I am sad. The time goes so quickly. It really does.
     We are less then half way into our summer vacation and I'm exhausted. I already need a vacation from the vacation. If we have managed to cram this much into the first half, I wonder what we will be able to manage for the second half. Whatever it is....let the good times roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment