Tuesday 19 April 2011

Everyone Does it Different

     When I was young I would hear all the time from the grownups around me that it takes all kinds. It took a long time for me to figure out what they were talking about, but the basic principle is it takes all kinds to make the world work. Meaning that everyone has a different way of doing things. Everyone is entitled to think what they think and for the most part it's acceptable to voice these opinions.
     However I would beg to differ. As a regular visitor to Facebook, I have seen my fair share of disagreements and offensive comments in some threads. Everyone is entitled to put what they see fit on their page and it's up to the people that visit there if they read and or comment on it. However I would like to point out that once you put the comment there you have to assume that comments will follow. And if they do you have to respect what other people are saying. You may not agree with what everyone posts but that's their right. That is unless of course someone is being abusive or threatening. My advice to these people that get their panties all in a bunch about people posting thoughts on their comments is maybe keep some things to yourself.
     Yes we live in a technology based world however some things are still private and as much as you think people want to know your every thought, we don't. So once it's out there be prepared for any and all possible fall out. And I would like to think as adults we are beyond the stage of name calling. Sometimes we need to just agree to disagree.

1 comment:

  1. along with the telemarketers are the ice cream trucks that come at bedtime...

    ReplyDelete